…The Grand Canyon!
This is the home page for Grand Canyon Hikers and Backpackers Association (GCHBA). The mission of the GCHBA is to Promote, Encourage and Advocate for the interests of the hiking and backpacking community in the region of Grand Canyon. Please click on the NEWS link on the menu bar to learn about our current issues and projects.
Formed in 2000 as a way for concerned citizens to band together, the organization’s goals include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the do-it-yourself hiking and backpacking public’s timely access to the Grand Canyon.
- Encouraging and fostering communications between the hiking and backpacking community and the appropriate Federal and Native American agencies.
- Aiding in the goals of safe and enjoyable do-it-yourself wilderness backpacking trips.
- Protecting the wilderness resources of Grand Canyon.
- Providing a forum for the do-it-yourself hiker and backpacker.
The GCHBA has held three Hikers and Backpackers Symposiums, conducted numerous Service Projects working directly with personnel from Grand Canyon National Park, and we are actively engaged in numerous Resource Management issues of importance to do-it-yourself hikers and backpackers.